[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12031: Fields alias & content_from_pid are missing in exludelist

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Tue Sep 22 17:46:03 CEST 2009

Hi Georg,

Georg Ringer schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> this is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix, nobrainer
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12031
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Problem:
> If there is a need for a *really* simple backend it is necessary to hide
> all fields which are not neeeded.
>
> This is possible with 2 exceptions: In the page properties there will
> always be 2 fields rendered:
> - alias: IMO this is not really needed with realURL as there is the page
> title (or nav title and so on) but in my case the title is enough, no
> need for an alias.
>
> - Content from this page: This fields leads to an additional tab
> "Options" which an editor (at least mine) won't need, shouldn't see and
> don't need to care about!
>
> Solution:
> add exclude => 1 to those 2 fields

As Masi already pointed out, this change will have negative side-effects
concerning backwards compatibility. Imagine a large website with many
editors and many groups (e.g. universities) - everything has to be
checked then when upgrading to TYPO3 4.3 or any later version.

Thus: -1 for this change

olly
--
Oliver Hader