[TYPO3-core] FYI24 #12025: Make statuses in the status report sort alphabetical

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Sep 21 18:49:34 CEST 2009

Francois Suter wrote:

Hi Francois,

> It seems like you never tire of saying stupid things,

it was not that stupid if you think of the overall message: Don't demand
if you don't contribute. (Except for the slave thing, but that was an
exaggerated portrayal or description / taken to extrems on purpose).

Either way it was not to insult either you or Steffen, because you
actually do stuff. It was rather meant to address all those in this list
(and other lists) who keep demanding things and complaining about stuff
althought not being in a position to do so. They'd be in that position
if they'd contribute - another explanation of what I mean with Do-acracy.

> hurting people and
> in general being a total jerk. You do a lot of good stuff and it *is*
> possible to collaborate with you - as we have done recently on both the
> scheduler and the reports module - but sometimes you react so badly that
> one has to wonder what goes through your head. This probably shouldn't
> be a public reply, but I'm sick and tired of your bad behavior.

> You could just have said that you didn't feel like doing it
> and that we could pick it up if we wanted to.

The main point again in the end boils down to my frustration and
resignation to all these complaints without contributions from the ones
requesting changes.

The scheduler certainly is a good example of how things should work in a
good community. I demand something, so I contribute to make it happen.
The same happened when I wanted Steffen to change the datepicker, so I
contributed to make it happen as far as I could. That's how it's
supposed to work. Give and take.

> No need to accuse us of
> being lazy asses or of treating you like a slave. This is wrong and
> insulting.

Again, it was not directed against you, nor Steffen although the mail's
introduction may have sounded like it is. I sincerely apologize for that.

Anyway, I'm off until there's a proper apologize from your side too,
goodbye.
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner