[TYPO3-core] FYI24 #12025: Make statuses in the status report sort alphabetical

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Mon Sep 21 19:10:31 CEST 2009

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> It was rather meant to address all those in this list
> (and other lists) who keep demanding things and complaining about stuff
> althought not being in a position to do so. They'd be in that position
> if they'd contribute - another explanation of what I mean with Do-acracy.

I am sorry - and I really am - that I am not as good as you and maybe I
will never be!

Because of my lack of knowledge I can just concentrate on pretty basic
stuff in the core: A small bug here, a stdWrap there and some labels in
between!

What do I wanna say?
I am feeling that you are talking about people like me - who are allowed
to be on this list (thanks for that) and who still don't share a
complete class or something worth like that.

> The main point again in the end boils down to my frustration and
> resignation to all these complaints without contributions from the ones
> requesting changes.

I do invest quite a few hours for TYPO3 - especially in the german
forums and got there more than 20.000 postings online - helping
beginners and others to handle TYPO3 - quite boring work to explain
things 1000 times but it makes me and others happy too!

> So I
> contributed to make it happen as far as I could. That's how it's
> supposed to work. Give and take.

Yeah. Give and take! But shouldn't everything seen as one big thing?
Maybe I don't give much here in this list but I really do in another world.

Am I only allowed to test patches and give a +1 (which doesn't really
count much) but not allowed to say to some RFC (which means Request for
comments and not Ready for commits) that maybe another way is better? Is
this not a kind of contribution too?

Georg, off that list because of OT