[TYPO3-core] RFC: #0011505: TYPO3 4.3 is slower than 4.2.8 -> re-implement native db caching

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Fri Sep 11 10:54:48 CEST 2009

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> So we have now a lot of IFs to determine the caching mechanism. Codewise
> that doesn't seem to be an improvement. Can you point me to some docs or
> threads where I can information on why the caching framework is slower
> than the old caching?

The code is basically the docs.
object->object-object->object might look fancy, but it's slow (in
languages that compile at runtime).

> Is it possible and would it be faster to add the old caching as a
> backend to the caching framework?

AFAIR no, since building the instances takes the time.

Take the classic library example.
You want a book - but there is not one clerk helping you out, there are 20.
And every clerk needs to be tapped on the shoulder "hey, need you".

--
TYPO3 certified interogator
T3DD09 Entertainer