[TYPO3-core] RFC: #0011505: TYPO3 4.3 is slower than 4.2.8 -> re-implement native db caching

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 13:05:06 CEST 2009

Hi!

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] wrote:
> Take the classic library example.
> You want a book - but there is not one clerk helping you out, there are 20.
> And every clerk needs to be tapped on the shoulder "hey, need you".

I think it may also be tag handling. We old system it is very simple: you have a pid and that's it: select or delete by the integer pid. With the new system there are string tags (like 'pages_345'). Strings are already slower, they are not indexed well in databases. Also they are so generic that they will never be as effective as old good pid. Caching framework is bound to be slower than the old method. Generic solution is almost always slower than the specialized one.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dmitryd