[TYPO3-core] RFC: #0011505: TYPO3 4.3 is slower than 4.2.8 -> re-implement native db caching

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Sep 11 10:18:04 CEST 2009

Rupert Germann schrieb:
> hi Olly,
>

> great that you could reproduce my benchmark results.
> will 4.3 actually be the first TYPO3 version which is faster than its
> predeccessor? we have it in our hands ;-)
>
> I reworked the patch a bit, the main difference is that caching
> framework and normal DB caching use seperate tables now

So we have now a lot of IFs to determine the caching mechanism. Codewise
that doesn't seem to be an improvement. Can you point me to some docs or
threads where I can information on why the caching framework is slower
than the old caching?

Is it possible and would it be faster to add the old caching as a
backend to the caching framework?

Masi