[TYPO3-core] RFC #9355: Add an error and exception handler (backported from FLOW3)

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Sep 7 16:01:02 CEST 2009

Hi Ingo,

Some nitpicking/questions/remarks:

- t3lib/config_default.php "=> array (" left parenthesis should not have
a space before
- exceptionalErrors: every index as a value which is 4x the previous
value. Why is '5' mapped to 4096 and not 1024?
- t3lib/error/class.t3lib_error_abstractexceptionhandler.php: I thought
the discussion about @author lead to removing this information for
backported code too but to have this information in file header. Perhaps
I missed the end conclusion.
- getBacktraceCode(): what's that?

$preparedArgument = str_replace("…", '<span
style="color:white;">…</span>',

- getCodeSnippet() code uses three "=" to compare integers: if ($line
=== $lineNumber) but in your own code you only use 2 in such cases. I
thought the later was according to CGL, is it up to the developer?
Besides that, I don't like one-line tests without curly brackets (coming
from FLOW3)

- Your header comments contain "This file is a backport from TYPO3".
 From which version of TYPO3 did you perform the backport? I would have
thought it was from FLOW3.

- In class t3lib_error_ProductionExceptionHandler you (they) use inline
CSS with a few classes, just as in t3lib_error_DebugExceptionHandler.
Why in this later, in different methods, CSS format (color,
background-color, ...) is sometimes hardcoded instead of having a proper
CSS class?

- I did not see the (pending) documentation for new variables in
localconf.php which should be included with RFC.

Besides that, I like the idea.

--
Xavier Perseguers
MVC ExtJS Leader