[TYPO3-core] RFC #9355: Add an error and exception handler (backported from FLOW3)

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Sep 7 16:22:09 CEST 2009

Xavier Perseguers wrote:

> - t3lib/config_default.php "=> array (" left parenthesis should not have
> a space before

fixed, my fault when copy&pasting from FLOW3

> - exceptionalErrors: every index as a value which is 4x the previous
> value. Why is '5' mapped to 4096 and not 1024?

I don't know. Those values represent PHP error values, to know why they
were chose like this you got to ask the FLOW3 guys.

> - t3lib/error/class.t3lib_error_abstractexceptionhandler.php: I thought
> the discussion about @author lead to removing this information for
> backported code too but to have this information in file header. Perhaps
> I missed the end conclusion.

As soon as these tags are removed in FLOW3 they'll be gone in v4, too -
remember, it's an automatic script.

> - getBacktraceCode(): what's that?
>
> $preparedArgument = str_replace("…", '<span
> style="color:white;">…</span>',

UTF8 chars, the first is like '...', the second line transforms a line
break into an arrow.

> - getCodeSnippet() code uses three "=" to compare integers: if ($line
> === $lineNumber) but in your own code you only use 2 in such cases. I
> thought the later was according to CGL, is it up to the developer?
> Besides that, I don't like one-line tests without curly brackets (coming
> from FLOW3)

what do you consider "my" code here? Otherwise -> automatic backport,
change it in FLOW, change it in v4. I don't like the if()s without curly
braces either, though.

> - Your header comments contain "This file is a backport from TYPO3".
>  From which version of TYPO3 did you perform the backport? I would have
> thought it was from FLOW3.

ah crap, there's one replacement too much, that should read "backport
from FLOW3" of course.

> - In class t3lib_error_ProductionExceptionHandler you (they) use inline
> CSS with a few classes, just as in t3lib_error_DebugExceptionHandler.
> Why in this later, in different methods, CSS format (color,
> background-color, ...) is sometimes hardcoded instead of having a proper
> CSS class?

I don't know.

> - I did not see the (pending) documentation for new variables in
> localconf.php which should be included with RFC.

that shouldn't be configurable through the install tool IMO. Thus
there's no documentation as they would render fields in the install tool.

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner