[TYPO3-core] IMPORTANT: SVN changes

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Nov 26 21:41:34 CET 2009

Hi Xavier,

> This is perhaps not *the* reason but I see at least one: having
> svn:externals leads to having system extensions not in Release Manager's
> hands anymore as the extension team could change the state of the
> extension within Core without touching Core SVN. It would be just a
> matter of committing something more on the referenced tag or even
> recreate it because SVN on Forge lets us do whatever we want ;-)

It may be a valid point, but just in theory. I fully trust that DBAL
development is in safe hands... :-)

> But this is a matter of fair play and I guess the extension team would
> have problems with Release Manager in such a case... :-)

I don't expect that someone is going to play bad games, but it may well
happen by mistake to anyone of us. As I said, it just can be noticed
much easier this way... (or did you ever check the log of an SVN tag?)

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out