[TYPO3-core] IMPORTANT: SVN changes

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Nov 26 11:20:04 CET 2009

Hi,

>>> after discussing with Oliver, I convinced him that all code should be
>>> stored in TYPO3core rather than using svn:externals for that.
>>
>> Out of curiosity, why? Feel free to answer privately, if you think
>> it's OT here.
> I asked myself the same question. Can you convince me too please. ;-)

This is perhaps not *the* reason but I see at least one: having
svn:externals leads to having system extensions not in Release Manager's
hands anymore as the extension team could change the state of the
extension within Core without touching Core SVN. It would be just a
matter of committing something more on the referenced tag or even
recreate it because SVN on Forge lets us do whatever we want ;-)

But this is a matter of fair play and I guess the extension team would
have problems with Release Manager in such a case... :-)

--
Xavier Perseguers
DBAL Leader

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-dbal