[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8280 "Broken rootline" error when creating new page in Draft

Tobias Liebig mail_typo3 at etobi.de
Tue Nov 24 16:14:30 CET 2009

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hi Tobi,
>
> just had this issue on a 4.2.6 installation. I created a new version of
> a page (not in the draft environment) and got the error message you
> described. I however tried the same thing with your patch applied and it
> did not work either.
>
> When I create a page in the draft workspace everything works fine though
> (with your patch, haven't tested without your patch yet).

I tried to debug the "Live-Version"-Case and can reproduce your error, with and without the patch.
I think we have two different issues here.

Case 1) Edit a page in Draft workspace
   This is fixed by the patch
   The Problem was that the $ws was not set correctly

Case 2) Create a Version in Live-Workspace and then edit the page record
   Here the $ws is set correctly, but the rootline can't be created correctly.

For Case 2 i filed a new issue:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12734
i created a work-around, but i'm not sure if it won't break anything regarding Versioning/WS

For Case 1: patch is pending in core list. This is the "REMINDER"

regards
    Tobias