[TYPO3-core] RFC #11107: Provide more flexible rendering for "text with image"

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed May 27 09:40:46 CEST 2009

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper wrote: on 26.05.2009 14:34:
>
>> i tested it now, and the markup is fine with the variants.
>>  However first case is rendered wrong:
>> Setting 4 pics, rows=2, no width/height set
>>
>> Result: 2 images only, not really visible. i attached a screenshot to
>> show what happen.
>
> This is not related to the new feature, but a bug introduced with the
> fix to #10768. If you revert these changes, it works as intended. I
> haven't managed to talk to Patrick about it yet, but I am also still not
> sure why we need those extra CSS lines which were added in #10768.

ah, i see and i can confirm this. So it has nothing to do with your patch.
Now i also don't need this line anymore to prevent empty caption:
tt_content.image.20.rendering.dl.caption.if.isTrue.field = imagecaption

So here is my +1 by reading and testing, nice work!

>> btw - one thing that bugs me a lot for long time: there is no break
>> after CE, you see that they look nested. I always have to copy the split
>> for the header, but this isn't a good solution. I think one clearing is
>> missing at all (without further investigating)
>
> This is intended behaviour and is in line with what "good old" IMGTEXT
> used to do: If you choose "in-text left", there will be no clearing, so
> that you can add an "in-text right" right afterwards so that the text
> goes on continuously and just the images are placed on left and right.
>
> Try to make the second CE "in-text right" to see how it looks like and
> imagine if there would have been a break.
>
> If you need "clearing" you set "in-text left with margins".

thanks for the explanation. Now i see the reason, and now i also want
the div back :-). The Editor needs something to decide how it should look.

vg Steffen