[TYPO3-core] RFC #11107: Provide more flexible rendering for "text with image"

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed May 27 08:39:36 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 26.05.2009 14:34:

> i tested it now, and the markup is fine with the variants.
>  However first case is rendered wrong:
> Setting 4 pics, rows=2, no width/height set
>
> Result: 2 images only, not really visible. i attached a screenshot to
> show what happen.

This is not related to the new feature, but a bug introduced with the
fix to #10768. If you revert these changes, it works as intended. I
haven't managed to talk to Patrick about it yet, but I am also still not
sure why we need those extra CSS lines which were added in #10768.

> btw - one thing that bugs me a lot for long time: there is no break
> after CE, you see that they look nested. I always have to copy the split
> for the header, but this isn't a good solution. I think one clearing is
> missing at all (without further investigating)

This is intended behaviour and is in line with what "good old" IMGTEXT
used to do: If you choose "in-text left", there will be no clearing, so
that you can add an "in-text right" right afterwards so that the text
goes on continuously and just the images are placed on left and right.

Try to make the second CE "in-text right" to see how it looks like and
imagine if there would have been a break.

If you need "clearing" you set "in-text left with margins".

Cheers,
Ernesto