[TYPO3-core] RFC #11154: calls to deprecated function makeInstanceClassName in core

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Fri May 22 14:06:16 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,
>>> i have same opinion as Dmitry. There is a mail composed if htmlmail
>>> is loaded. Now with autoloader it can be composed always, why not?
>>>
>>> If there is a reason for not having htmlmail, use a better condition
>>> here, as this one confuses.
>>
>> but this would be a functional change then - is it allowed to do this
>> in this RFC?
>>

> as the autoloader change the situation the check doesn't work (or does
> he?). I don't know really in which situation this is used, but with
> autoloader this looks strange. May be htmlmail is used before so the
> check makes sense.

Hmm, I just searched the core for this. There is the following TS option
(also described in TSref):
"config.incT3Lib_htmlmail", type boolean, desc: "Include
t3lib/class.t3lib_htmlmail.php"

This option is checked in class.tslib_pagegen.php inside the method
"getIncFiles", that is handling the includeLibs (lines 283 to 285).

It's the only place where this is checked, and I found no other piece of
code that is checking for the availability of class t3lib_htmlmail then
'fe_adminLib.inc'. So, although the comment in fe_adminLib.inc says that
"autoloading should be avoided", I now also think that the check for the
class can be dropped here, as it really doesn't make sense at this
point. I attached a new patch where this is fixed now - but I included a
check if the returned instance from t3lib_div::makeInstance is a valid
object.

In addition to that, I think the TS-option "config.incT3Lib_htmlmail"
and related code can be dropped in 4.3 with working autoloader - but
that's a different RFC then. What do you think?

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch