[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11110 Add Extbase and Fluid as System Extensions

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue May 19 17:08:53 CEST 2009

Niels Pardon wrote:

Hi Niels,

> What about adding extbase and fluid to TER, too? This would allows us to
> release new versions of these extensions without having to wait for a
> new TYPO3 major release. Off course this would only make sense for
> enhancements which don't require new features in the core.

During the core team meeting / T3DD09 we decided to not do this on
purpose. This way we can get people to test development versions from
SVN - extbase, fluid, and also the core.

Other than that you also won't find the other sysexts in TER (apart from
some exceptions, but these are there with a reason usually)

> On the other hand e.g. a security fix in extbase or fluid wouldn't
> require a new TYPO3 release.

Security updates in system extensions always require a new core release.

all the best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner