[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11110 Add Extbase and Fluid as System Extensions

Niels Pardon mail at niels-pardon.de
Tue May 19 17:04:33 CEST 2009

Hi Sebastian!

Sebastian KurfŸürst schrieb:
> Notes:
> We have to think how Extbase and Fluid will be further maintained. Until
> 4.3 final, there will be still some changes to the both components.
> We could do the following:
> - RFC in core list for each change
> - Include Fluid and Extbase into Sysext via SVN/externals, and copy it
> to sysext with TYPO3 4.3 Beta1 (and then all changes will come via RFC)
> Some comments on this?

What about adding extbase and fluid to TER, too? This would allows us to
release new versions of these extensions without having to wait for a
new TYPO3 major release. Off course this would only make sense for
enhancements which don't require new features in the core.

On the other hand e.g. a security fix in extbase or fluid wouldn't
require a new TYPO3 release.

So in general I am for adding extbase and fluid as sysexts so they are
shipped with the default TYPO3 package but keep it's development out of
the Core release line.

Does this makes sense to you?

Greets,

Niels