[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11110 Add Extbase and Fluid as System Extensions

Niels Pardon mail at niels-pardon.de
Tue May 19 17:29:58 CEST 2009

Hi Ingo!

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> During the core team meeting / T3DD09 we decided to not do this on
> purpose. This way we can get people to test development versions from
> SVN - extbase, fluid, and also the core.

Thanks for explaining the backgrounds.

> Other than that you also won't find the other sysexts in TER (apart from
> some exceptions, but these are there with a reason usually)

I guess you discussed it extensively at the core team meeting / T3DD09.

Is there something like a summary of such discussions so people like me
who were not able to attend could have an insight in the arguments
leading to this decision? (Maybe there was something mentioned which
didn't came to my mind yet.)

Currently I still would appreciate it if some sysexts would be in TER
(besides fluid and extbase e.g. felogin).

I think there are some sysexts where it doesn't makes much sense to put
them in TER but there are others where it makes sense.

Maybe there could be some mechanism which checks during installation
whether there is a newer version of the corresponding sysext in TER and
loads it.

I am not sure whether this gets too off-topic so should this discussion
move to dev-list?

Greets,

Niels