[TYPO3-core] RFC #10380: Update t3editor base (CodeMirror) to current release 0.60

Tobias Liebig mail_news at etobi.de
Tue Mar 3 08:42:30 CET 2009

Susanne Moog schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Tobias Liebig schrieb:
>> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>>
>> i've split up the huge patch into four single patches which should be
>> easier to review. see attached files
>>
>> Note: please apply the patches in correct order (a,b,c,d)
>>
>> a) minor cleanup and rais of version number
>> b) update codemirror version
>> c) make usage of the new codemirror api for generating linenumbers
>> d) remove obsolete bracket-matching
>
> ahem, was it intended that the naming of the patches is not the same as
> you listed here for a,b,c,d (patch a) is codemirror update...).

hmm... seems like i mixed up the order in my mail accidentally.

> Two notes to the patches:
> 1) in codemirrorupdate (undo.js) at the beginning you have:
> -  this.editor = editor;
> -  this.parent = editor.parent;
> +  this.editor = editor; this.parent = editor.parent;
> +  this.onChange = onChange;
>
> Does it really make more sense to have editor and parent on the same
> line? :)

hmm.. no.
i'm not sure whats the intention to merge these lines.
this code is not produced by me, but part of the codemirror project,
which ist included mostly untouched.
the codemirror lib has some more lines which flout against our CGL. But
it don't make sense to cleanup this code to be update compatible. It's
like including any other "external" contrib library.

> 2) Code completion does not work anymore. I still get the popup with
> suggestions but whenever I click on one the popup disappears - and
> nothing is written. <- Would be nice if this was fixed before the patch
> can go in.
>
> With 2) fixed you have my +1 by testing.

thanks for testing! i'll fix this soon and post a new patch here