[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #10263: Multiple calls to deprecated function "fixed_lgd_pre"

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sun Mar 1 12:21:48 CET 2009

Hey,

now I got it. I totally misread the "_pre" and thought about
t3lib_div::fixed_lgd() all the time :) well, now I know :)

However, I find it quite confusing, as I often use the negative string
to count from the right and not to decide whether the substitute ("...")
should be prepended or appended. However, we probably can't fix that
easily...

In any case, whoever did a "+1 by reading", please be more careful! This
is not valid:

- $theLabel = t3lib_div::fixed_lgd_pre($theLabel, $keyLgd);
+ $theLabel = t3lib_div::fixed_lgd_pre($theLabel, -$keyLgd);

Uschi mentioned this already in another issue (#10535). I will fix this now.

All the best,
Benni.