[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11368: ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file should be ignored if older than one hour

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Jun 23 14:01:05 CEST 2009

Hi,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Ernesto,
>
>> But call the "unlink" with @ to avoid a warning if it fails, because I
>> guess many will simply create the file as "root" (on development
>> machines) to avoid it from being deleted by the webserver. :)
>
> I think it's a bad habit and we should stop suppressing warnings.
> Reason: No warning is displayed as long as display_errors is turned off.
> However, if the error is suppressed, also the error_log won't indicate
> any errors.
>
> Prove me wrong but otherwise I'll better keep the unlink call without
> the "@".

i also think better is without @. On production server there will be
displayErrors set to 0.

I think one reason for using the @ was a problem in former php versions
with file_exists, where a warning was thrown if file wasn't existent,
and @ was the only way to supress. But this is fixed in php 5.

I also read in performance tips that the @ costs a lot of time too.

vg Steffen