[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11368: ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file should be ignored if older than one hour

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Jun 23 13:44:18 CEST 2009

Hi Ernesto,

> But call the "unlink" with @ to avoid a warning if it fails, because I
> guess many will simply create the file as "root" (on development
> machines) to avoid it from being deleted by the webserver. :)

I think it's a bad habit and we should stop suppressing warnings.
Reason: No warning is displayed as long as display_errors is turned off.
However, if the error is suppressed, also the error_log won't indicate
any errors.

Prove me wrong but otherwise I'll better keep the unlink call without
the "@".

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out