[TYPO3-core] RFC #11449: Forgotten text in backend.php

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat Jul 11 13:57:43 CEST 2009

Hi Christopher,

>>> He left the "switchtouser" and only added "switchtousershort". He just
>>> had it as consistent as it can be :).
>> That was the point of my question. It is obvious that the format is not
>> good, even for the other key. But even if it would be a different RFC,
>> well, it could as well be done in the same for both keys.
>
> we cannot change the name of the existing label, because then the text would
> no longer be visible in older versions.

Of course!

> The only possibility would be to add a new label with the same text and just
> another name.
> That would blow up the translation-files and cause additional work for
> translators.

Exactly, this is not what I want either.

> If you prefer that, we can do it anyway...

No, but perhaps we may update to new CGL (I don't know if there is any
for language files) the stuff we add there. Meaning we could have the
additional label named switchToUserShort, even if it is not consistent
with the label without "short". Another solution would be to update the
label in Core too but this might be trickier too to be accepted.

Anyway, this was just to look after this problem, yet if it decided to
leave it all lowered case, then I'll be fine with the solution too.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en