[TYPO3-core] RFC #11449: Forgotten text in backend.php

Christopher Stelmaszyk christopher at yahoo.de
Sat Jul 11 14:32:01 CEST 2009

Hi Xavier,

> Hi Christopher,
>
>> The only possibility would be to add a new label with the same text and
>> just another name.
>
>> If you prefer that, we can do it...
>
> No, but perhaps we may update to new CGL (I don't know if there is any for
> language files) the stuff we add there. Meaning we could have the
> additional label named switchToUserShort, even if it is not consistent
> with the label without "short". Another solution would be to update the
> label in Core too but this might be trickier too to be accepted.

coding guidelines are a fine thing for the core, because they make it look
more consistent.
With the language-files the point is that there are several "styles" used:
Sometimes you have camelCase, sometimes there are dots in between words and
sometimes it is -obviously- all lowercase.
Since it would be a disproportional work to change all names to make them
all look the same, I am for keeping them "as consistent as possible"; that
means consistency in the context you have.
Here we already have one label which is very similar and this one is all
lowercase, so I prefer adding the new label in the same style.

> Anyway, this was just to look after this problem, yet if it decided to
> leave it all lowered case, then I'll be fine with the solution too.

That's a word.
Does this -as it is a nobrainer- need another +1?

Christopher