[TYPO3-core] Re: FYI24 - Follow-up to #10083

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Feb 26 18:48:27 CET 2009

Hi Michael,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi guys,
>
>>> Solution:
>>> Just define a "separateRows = 0" in the constants.txt file of CSC. This
>>> is the current behaviour since there also was no value available.
>
> That's wrong! If the constant is not set, then the value is not replaced
> as "0" but stays in the setup template as
> "{$styles.content.imgtext.separateRows}".
>
> And since the "separateRows" property is boolean, the value was returned
> as "1" before and "0" now.

That's really hard to see that from code, because it doesn't use
true/false, but it's true

>> But there must have been a change. I had to set the value explicitely to
>> 1 for a site after an upgrade. Without this manual change old pages with
>> 4 or even 6 column images with 3 or more rows wouldn't work at all. The
>> float:left was broken and the first column of the second row started
>> somewhere in the middle of the page.
>
> Indeed.
>
> I would like to change the constant value back to 1, which is the same
> as in all versions before 4.1.8 and 4.2.4.

sure 1 would be correct.

> PS: One might expect that the documentation is wrong about this.
> However, it seems like the property is completely missing in the CSC
> manual. How come?

i don't wonder as it doesn't appeared in constants.
And really i don't understand the meaning of the setting by reading the
code. The comment says
// User wants to separate the rows, but only do that if we do have rows
but i don't understand how the rows are seperated.

Anyway +1 for the followUp fix by reading as it brings back old
behaviour. And can someone explain what the setting exact means?

vg Steffen