[TYPO3-core] FYI24 - Follow-up to #10083 (was: Re: FYI: Fixed bug #10083: Constant styles.content.imgtext.separateRows is not defined)

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Feb 26 18:20:01 CET 2009

Hi guys,

interesting that nobody else noticed this yet. Indeed the fix has
changed behaviour!

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Oliver Hader schrieb:
>> The following changes were committed to SVN:
>> * TYPO3_4-1 (rev. 4671)
>> * TYPO3_4-2 (rev. 4672)
>> * Trunk (rev. 4673)
>>
>> Problem:
>> The constant styles.content.imgtext.separateRows is not defined but is
>> used in CSS Styled Content since TYPO3 4.0.0. The TypoScript parser
>> shows an accordant warning about unsubstituted data.
>>
>> Solution:
>> Just define a "separateRows = 0" in the constants.txt file of CSC. This
>> is the current behaviour since there also was no value available.

That's wrong! If the constant is not set, then the value is not replaced
as "0" but stays in the setup template as
"{$styles.content.imgtext.separateRows}".

And since the "separateRows" property is boolean, the value was returned
as "1" before and "0" now.

> But there must have been a change. I had to set the value explicitely to
> 1 for a site after an upgrade. Without this manual change old pages with
> 4 or even 6 column images with 3 or more rows wouldn't work at all. The
> float:left was broken and the first column of the second row started
> somewhere in the middle of the page.

Indeed.

I would like to change the constant value back to 1, which is the same
as in all versions before 4.1.8 and 4.2.4.

Users who fixed the issue already (like Masi) and have changed their
TypoScript code locally should not notice the change.

There is a chance that sites have been created with TYPO3 versions 4.1.8
and 4.2.4 (or later versions of that branch) - these would be broken
after this fix.

However, that is very short ago, and apparantely it seems like only few
people noticed the mistake after updating to 4.2.4. There may be a
bigger number of sites that got broken after 4.2.4 and never noticed it,
and these sites will work like before again after this fix.

Type:
Follow-up Bugfix

Branches:
TYPO3_4-1, TYPO3_4-2, Trunk

Comments:
Thanks to Adrian Fischer who reported the issue to me.

- michael

PS: One might expect that the documentation is wrong about this.
However, it seems like the property is completely missing in the CSC
manual. How come?
--
Use a newsreader! Check out