[TYPO3-core] RFC #5779: Hide dotfiles such as .svn in filelists

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Dec 26 13:09:58 CET 2009

Am 26.12.2009, 12:56 Uhr, schrieb Bernhard Kraft <kraftb at kraftb.at>:

> This is an SVN patch request.
> Branch: trunk
>
> Bug #5779:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5779
>
> Solution:
> Add a check to the classes (in /typo3/ directory) responsible for
> rendering
> the file-listing and the file-browse-tree.
> Add a method "t3lib_div::ignoreFile($file)" in t3lib_div which is a
> commmon
> entry point for letting those files get checked.

I'm against a global setting in $TYPO3_CONF_VARS.
I'd prefer a setting in UserTS, to e.g. show those files to admins.

Another point would be the problem with deleting the apparently empty
folders - this wouldn't work for those users.

And I'm for a default setting to stay as it is currently: Display
.-folders/files.

Thanks
Steffen