[TYPO3-core] RFC #5779: Hide dotfiles such as .svn in filelists

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Dec 26 13:16:33 CET 2009

Steffen Gebert schrieb:

> And I'm for a default setting to stay as it is currently: Display
> .-folders/files.

This feature has been requeste quite a while ago, and nowadays versioning
tools like SVN are even more used than at this time.

Many agencies manager their templates/TypoScript files, images, etc. in the
fileadmin by using a versioning tool. This enables them to take care of
changes in Templates/TypoScript files and have a set of basic "libraries"
in SVN for quickly setting up a new site with appropriate TypoScript.

I guess it is quite annoying for them to take care of not touching those
.svn files at any time - and this patch does not have a great impact on
performance, at least not at FE performance as it is mostly about BE issues.

Anyways I take your preferences into account. Put the setting into
User-Setup would be an option, but usually the admin/creator of a site also
does not want to hssle around with those files (probably except .htaccess
like Dmitry mentioned).

greets,
Bernhard