[TYPO3-core] RFC #11822: Add warning for IE6 user

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick-s-p-a-m at hotmail-sp-a-m.com
Mon Aug 31 15:25:44 CEST 2009

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> My intention was not to say "upgrade immediately", but to warn users of
> the future.
> I think it might be easier to drop it in 4.4, if 4.3 users already know
> that their browser might not be supported one day.

Users = TYPO3 Admins, right ? AFAIK, reading the patch, it doesn't.

There is no need to annoy and raise paranoia/stress for editors.

So -1 if it's for every BE users login.

Maybe an extra feature (more subtle) could be added in Install Tool:
"Send email to admin if IE6 on login". So if the decision was taken by
the corporation to update browsers, the admin would know who is still
using IE6.

Advantage: The BE user isn't threat like a bad guy and decision makers
can do something behind the scene...

Patrick