[TYPO3-core] RFC #11822: Add warning for IE6 user

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Sun Aug 30 19:08:37 CEST 2009

Oliver Hader wrote:

Hi Steffen,

> So I'd ask you to postpone this patch for TYPO3 4.4.

I also agree with Olly, there's no point in doing that yet. There're
just too many companies out there still using IE6. TYPO3 4.4 IMO would
also be the earliest where we could do something about our good friend.

After all we state that TYPO3 is an enterprise CMS, so we do have to
support enterprises, and especially large ones aren't even close to
leave IE6 behind yet.

best
Ingo

--