[TYPO3-core] RFC #11822: Add warning for IE6 user

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Aug 30 15:08:21 CEST 2009

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 14:59:05 +0200, Oliver Hader <oliver at typo3.org> wrote:

> Albeit I personally don't like IE6 as well, it's we should not drop the
> support for that browser in TYPO3 4.3 and thus should not setup warning
> messages. We can add a list of recommended browsers to the release notes
> and the system requirements - but it's only a recommendation.
>
> When we start to work on TYPO3 4.4 one of the first things could be that
> we clearly state that IE6 is not supported for that version anymore.
>
> So I'd ask you to postpone this patch for TYPO3 4.4.

My intention was not to say "upgrade immediately", but to warn users of
the future.
I think it might be easier to drop it in 4.4, if 4.3 users already know
that their browser might not be supported one day.

But if you're against, I'm fine with (although a bit unhappy as we IMHO
really should bother IE6 users a bit).

Steffen