[TYPO3-core] RFC #11822: Add warning for IE6 user

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Sun Aug 30 14:59:05 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Gebert schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: feature
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> BT reference:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11822
>
> Problem:
> IE6 might not be supported in future versions of TYPO3.
> So it's already time to inform users, that their browser is outdated and
> they should update.
>
> Solution:
> Add a warning to login screen.
>
> Note:
> If #11370 (restyling of the login screen) would be in, this warning
> could look even nicer ;-)

Albeit I personally don't like IE6 as well, it's we should not drop the
support for that browser in TYPO3 4.3 and thus should not setup warning
messages. We can add a list of recommended browsers to the release notes
and the system requirements - but it's only a recommendation.

When we start to work on TYPO3 4.4 one of the first things could be that
we clearly state that IE6 is not supported for that version anymore.

So I'd ask you to postpone this patch for TYPO3 4.4.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 Release Manager 4.3