[TYPO3-core] RFC #10949: Clean up sysext usersetup module code - part 2

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Apr 22 19:03:03 CEST 2009

Benjamin Mack schrieb:

> All the fields on all the tabs are now in one big array. The generation
> of this array is now done in a separate function. At the same time the
> rendering of this array is a bit modified, and each item has now the CSH
> icon in the beginning of the row, and the full CSH view looks way better.

I tested the patch, had a quick overview over the code. The code looks
fine as far as I looked through.

The usersettings module still works completly (I tested to change each
value - changes get stored) ...

> Also, the SimulateUser option is now only shown if there is at least one
> option in the <select> tag, and the tables on each tab don't have the id
> #typo3-userSettings anymore, they are substitued with a class, because
> and element with an ID should only be once on a HTML page.

Hiding the last tab "Admin functions" works well if there are no users
to sudo to ...

Question: If all other uses except the one I am being logged in are
hidden, is it fine to sudo to them ?? Cause currently even hidden BE
users are visible in the SUDO <select> - but if you sudo to them strange
things happen (you have an empty usersettings formular), if you reload
TYPO3 you are still logged in as the user you were before ... just try.

I guess you should add a t3lib_BEfunc::BEenableFields() to the WHERE
part of the query selecting the SUDO users ...

So currently -1 for submitting it without this fix ...

One more thing ... in the patch you sent, there was a somehow garbled
character in one of the CSS lines:

+table.typo3-usersettings, table.typo3-usersettings table {

the strange looking "A" after "table" ... must be some utf-8 relict.
Either it was just in the mail, or you have an "invisible" character in
the CSS file there ... would be nice to remove the last few characters
of this line, and re-add them ... just to be safe.

greets,
Bernhard
--
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit des Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871-1919