[TYPO3-core] RFC #10949: Clean up sysext usersetup module code - part 2

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Wed Apr 22 05:49:27 CEST 2009

Hey,

this is a SVN patch request.

branches: trunk only

type: cleanup

bt reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10949

information / problem / notes:
as promised, there is a second phase of the changes to the sysext. What
do we have here:

All the fields on all the tabs are now in one big array. The generation
of this array is now done in a separate function. At the same time the
rendering of this array is a bit modified, and each item has now the CSH
icon in the beginning of the row, and the full CSH view looks way better.

Also, the SimulateUser option is now only shown if there is at least one
option in the <select> tag, and the tables on each tab don't have the id
#typo3-userSettings anymore, they are substitued with a class, because
and element with an ID should only be once on a HTML page.

I tested everything in FF3 and IE6 and on the t3skin.

I did not split this patch in multiple parts because all of these
changes are intertwined with each other, so it's hard to split the
changes apart. However if people insist, I could decouple the styling
part from the rest. In case of the user setup module I don't see this as
critical though.

Once this patch is in, Steffen can add his two proposed hooks, once for
modifying the output of the data array and one right after the
generation of the data array.

Also, once this is in, I'm gonna update the mass uploader (as it adds a
new entry there) patch and also am going to create a patch to get this
"Show second option palettes" from TCEform into the user setup.

All the best,
Benni.