[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10853: [Feature] New Multimedia CE

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Apr 21 18:25:30 CEST 2009

Hi olly,

Oliver Hader schrieb:
> I like the idea, but just had a very short look into your patch. Please
> check again your settings concerning spaces/tabs in your IDE.

did you checked the latest v13? I checked and found no spaces issues in.

> Furthermore the modified TCA might have problems (search for ",media" in
> your changes).
>
> Why are the new TypoScript objects added to the static TypoScript for
> compat-versions before 4.3? I think that that's not required, is it?

when i understand right these are used for compatibility mode, but this
don't exclude from using the CE, so they need the TS too, or am i wrong?

>> The flashmedia.zip needs to be extracted in typo3/contrib.
>> The flvplayer is an own compilation, so it's called "TYPO3 Media Player"
>
> What does "own compilation" mean exactly?

In the beginning i used fwplayer, but it's not free. So i compiled the
player with own fla-file in flash. I can publish the source as well if
anyone is interested in.

vg Steffen