[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10853: [Feature] New Multimedia CE

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Apr 21 12:32:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

Franz Koch schrieb:
> Hi,
>> here is an updated patch as v12 doesn't applied cause the CSC-followup
>> from Francois.
>> I also added the "flv"-format which was missing.
>
> I appreciate your work on this Steffen, but as mentioned in my other
> posting in this thread, I think some changes might be needed to be more
> futureproof.
>
> As I mentioned in my other posting I don't think that using flexforms to
> configure the multimedia CE is good here, as long as admins are not able
> to strip down the available fields for editors. But I'm not up2date if
> flexform fields can be hidden just like TCA fields defined as
> "enableFields".
>
> In my eyes regular editors should not have to struggle with adding
> parameters etc. - those should get predefined by media-type/media-player
> - and only experienced editors should struggle with parameters.
>
> I was thinking of some customizable and extendable presets, so that the
> editor is inserting the file/url and choosing from a preset which way he
> want's the media to get rendered. And by preset I don't mean the
> selection between flash and quicktime player, but more something like:
> - Video with no control options
> - Video with control options and fullscreen
> - Audio with equalizer
> - Audio with coverimage
> - Audio with playlist (would require to be able to add multiple media
> records)
> - etc.

i understand your opinion, but it's not possible this way. There is no
standard, every player is different and need different params. Also
external urls are completely different.

As editor you don't have to struggle much. As the params are set by
default you normally don't need to insert any param. If so, there are
the predefined which are easy to understand, like "autoStart, Loop,
allowFullScreen" etc. The custom entry is only for experts.

See this as a step forward, the old MM-Ce wasn't really helpful (and
much more technical). Integration is a continous process, so
enhancements can be made later. This is something basic that allows MM
on webpage, which wasn't possible before.

vg Steffen