[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10853: [Feature] New Multimedia CE

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Apr 21 12:19:10 CEST 2009

Franz Koch schrieb:

> As I mentioned in my other posting I don't think that using flexforms to
> configure the multimedia CE is good here, as long as admins are not able
> to strip down the available fields for editors. But I'm not up2date if
> flexform fields can be hidden just like TCA fields defined as
> "enableFields".

Why I'll agree with you on the issue if FF adminstration I don't think
that this is a show stopper for the patch. There are other CEs in the
Core with the same problem. I appreciate patches that solve this issue :)

> In my eyes regular editors should not have to struggle with adding
> parameters etc. - those should get predefined by media-type/media-player
> - and only experienced editors should struggle with parameters.

Let's go back to typo3.projects.typo3_4-3.general for further discussion
on UI and the technical implemenation.

> I'd like to help on this, but unfortunately I'm quite busy atm due to
> two jobs in parallel that at least last for two more weeks :(

Too bad. Dmitry said you may only stop another developer by coming up
with something better ;) But yes, I'm torn in two. I want a better media
support, but I'm also not completely satisfied with the implementation.

Masi