[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10853: [Feature] New Multimedia CE

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Tue Apr 21 12:50:27 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,
>> I was thinking of some customizable and extendable presets, so that
>> the editor is inserting the file/url and choosing from a preset which
>> way he want's the media to get rendered. And by preset I don't mean
>> the selection between flash and quicktime player, but more something
>> like:
>> - Video with no control options
>> - Video with control options and fullscreen
>> - Audio with equalizer
>> - Audio with coverimage
>> - Audio with playlist (would require to be able to add multiple media
>> records)
>> - etc.
>>

> i understand your opinion, but it's not possible this way. There is no
> standard, every player is different and need different params. Also
> external urls are completely different.

Yes, every player is different, but each one can be preconfigured for
every needed preset. And to be honest, there are most likely only 1 or 2
used per website (one flashplayer with video/audio support or splitted
up in two separate players). Quicktime and other stuff are not that
common anymore, and as Flash is now also able to play mp4 videos you no
longer need the barely customizable Quicktime plugin at all for podcasts
or alike.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch