[TYPO3-core] RFC #7501: Remove Static-Templates from standard installation

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon Apr 20 01:09:39 CEST 2009

Hey Steffen,

I just had a look at version 2 of yours. I like it, but I need to check
if we need to take more things into account.

Could you update your patch again (I'm sorry), splitting it up in two parts:

* The patch that removes all the things from the Core.
* The new extension (that will most definitely go into TER)

I then will test the patch right away, wanting to make sure that the
upgrade works when you're using one of the static templates.

The other thing is that there are a lot of places in the core that
either check for the "include_static" or something like that, I will
search for these and see if we can include hooks for that, where needed.

All the best,
Benni.