[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10320: Feature: Split css styled content templates in version templates to get rid of the compat version checks

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Apr 20 14:14:39 CEST 2009

Hi,

>> For faster rendering and less chaotic code it would be nice to have
>> different templates for each TYPO3 version. Attached patch splits up
>> css_styled_content and gets rid of the compat version checks. (See
>> also discussion on the content rendering list for further information)

After discussion in the 4.3 mailing list, it appeared that it was unwise
to move the default include files from static/*.txt to
static/current/*.txt. I have moved this files back and made the relevant
changes in the code. The attached patch has been committed to trunk (rev
5333) as a follow-up to the original commit. Furthermore the files were
moved with the following commands:

svn move current/constants.txt constants.txt
svn move current/setup.txt setup.txt
svn delete current

The update wizard now needs to be improved and also changed slightly,
but I'll do that in a separate patch.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter