[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10892: Make it possible to style a hover color for pagetree items

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Mon Apr 13 09:28:41 CEST 2009

Hi Franz

Franz Koch schrieb:
> Hi,
>> Let us have a div around the ol and link items which you can then
>> style in the following way:
>> ul.tree div:hover {background-color: #xxxxxx}
>
> can't you simply use li:hover? I personally like lightweight and
> semantically correct code and hate unnecessary styling divs etc.
>
> So either li:hover or ul ul:hover or something?

No, that does not work as we only want to hover the current item, and as the ul li ul stuff is nested li:hover will
always highlight all anchestor li elements which is extremely annoying. Be assured that I do like lean markup as well.
Also the additional div would make it possible to have the oncontextmenu handler. Thus the uid (if displayed with the
pagetitle) would react on rightclick as well.

> And as for IE6-hovering - you could use a unused selector and enrich it
> with JS-expressions that IE6 would process.

Perhaps, but first I need that div :-)

Uschi