[TYPO3-core] RFC: #5826: indexed_search: specify media types in advanced search

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Sep 19 14:00:00 CEST 2008

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Fine with me, but the whole box is unusable. Who wants to search for
> specific file versions of a given application? Few I guess.
>
> Maybe I want to search any MS files, but more likely I want to search
> for any "text" format: any MS words file, any OO.org writer file. And
> the list could even contain plain text and pdf as well.
>
> That would be best. Second best option would be "MS Powerpoint (*.ppt,
> *.pps)" etc

it makes sense eg to search for Excel files only, or pdf, but you're
right if you want to filter more than one type (using multiple select?)

Grouping is ok also, but should added additionally? difficult to get
this with a usability.

> Masi
>
> PS: Please add the "module" name to OO files: "OpenOffice.org Writer
> (.sxw)". You don't say "Microsoft Office (.doc)", but "MS Word (.doc)"

I will do, but look my follow up question about the naming.

vg Steffen