[TYPO3-core] RFC: #5826: indexed_search: specify media types in advanced search

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Sep 19 13:51:09 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5826
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Problem:
> In advanced search of indexed_search you have a select for the media types.
> They are not specified, so you see 6 times Open office, but donÄt see
> which extension it is.
>
> Solution:
> add extension to the name (as known from other applications)
>
> I also grouped Text files and Images.

Fine with me, but the whole box is unusable. Who wants to search for
specific file versions of a given application? Few I guess.

Maybe I want to search any MS files, but more likely I want to search
for any "text" format: any MS words file, any OO.org writer file. And
the list could even contain plain text and pdf as well.

That would be best. Second best option would be "MS Powerpoint (*.ppt,
*.pps)" etc

Masi

PS: Please add the "module" name to OO files: "OpenOffice.org Writer
(.sxw)". You don't say "Microsoft Office (.doc)", but "MS Word (.doc)"