[TYPO3-core] RFC: #5826: indexed_search: specify media types in advanced search

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Sep 19 14:16:35 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Fine with me, but the whole box is unusable. Who wants to search for
>> specific file versions of a given application? Few I guess.
>>
>> Maybe I want to search any MS files, but more likely I want to search
>> for any "text" format: any MS words file, any OO.org writer file. And
>> the list could even contain plain text and pdf as well.
>>
>> That would be best. Second best option would be "MS Powerpoint (*.ppt,
>> *.pps)" etc
>>

> it makes sense eg to search for Excel files only, or pdf, but you're
> right if you want to filter more than one type (using multiple select?)
>
> Grouping is ok also, but should added additionally? difficult to get
> this with a usability.

I think it is ok to let the admin make a choice: entries per file format
(.ppt), per application (.ppt+.pps) or per format group
(.ppt+.pps+.sxi+.odp+)

Actually the "per format group" is more than enough IMHO, but let this
the users/admisn decide.

Masi

PS: Are the new formats of the office suits really supported? I checked
once and found that the defaults used by the indexed search were not
ready for the new stuff.