[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9368: Feature: Hook in setup for additional tabs

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Sep 18 09:20:41 CEST 2008

Hi Benni,

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Steffen,
>
> the user setup (although it's visually cleaned up) is such a pain
> currently to manage in terms of code and extensibility, I'd rather like
> to see this module completely redone instead of adding a hook (which
> basically means we're stuck with backwards-compatibility ;-)).
>
> My big wish for this section would be that we could somehow use a
> tceforms-like approach to render the input fields rather than having to
> deal with this manually as it is right now.
>
> I know this can't be done overnight, but it would be truly great for 4.3.
>
> Another possibility would be to merge this module with the task center,
> where hardly anything happens right now. One point of the task center
> would be "My Setup" or something similar... :)

i truly understand your wish, and i agree that these modules are not
nice code. This can be done if enough see the need for it.
And it's a bit like a rat tail - rewrite or merge with task center also
would need rewrite of dynTabs, having TCEForms ready etc.

At the moment the code is working and i would like to see the hook in
independant of rewrite the module.

vg Steffen