[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9368: Feature: Hook in setup for additional tabs

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Sep 18 03:42:32 CEST 2008

Hey Steffen,

the user setup (although it's visually cleaned up) is such a pain
currently to manage in terms of code and extensibility, I'd rather like
to see this module completely redone instead of adding a hook (which
basically means we're stuck with backwards-compatibility ;-)).

My big wish for this section would be that we could somehow use a
tceforms-like approach to render the input fields rather than having to
deal with this manually as it is right now.

I know this can't be done overnight, but it would be truly great for 4.3.

Another possibility would be to merge this module with the task center,
where hardly anything happens right now. One point of the task center
would be "My Setup" or something similar... :)

--
All the best,
benni.