[TYPO3-core] RFC #9284: Feature: tt_content.starttime/endtime have now effect on caching (with patchfile now, sry)

Martin Holtz typo3 at martinholtz.de
Sun Sep 7 23:47:08 CEST 2008

Hi Ingo,

thanks for your feedback.

So, i try again:)

> * the diff is not against the root of TYPO3 (not a big problem though,
> just keep that in mind)
i hope it is correct now?

> * line 10: until there's a final decision about the indentation of
> inline comments and until this decision is released, inline comments are
> indented with one tab (also applies to all other inlne comments in your
> patch)
should be correct now?

> * line 14: you either check whether this method exists or go with (the
> better way of) requiring the object to implement an interface (check
> t3lib/interfaces/ f.e.)
i did, but i didnt now how the timestamp for the exception is generated -
timestamp at coding time? Is there an doc where i have to put it into?

> * line 18: $sys_page -> $pageSelect
renamed

> * line 23: split the parameter of exec_SELECTquery onto one line each
hope it is correct now?

> * lines 46, 50: no need for a log here (IMO)
deleted

> In general you can't use the default cache period for calculations,
> there's a separate field for the cache period in table pages, use this
> field's value.
that is done in realPageCacheContent()  the parameter $tstamp in
setPageCacheContent() is the calculated timestamp which depends on
page-setting, clearCacheAtMidnight etc. But that is done before
setPageCacheContent

I did two additional changes:
1) there is $GLOBALS['TSFE']->cacheExpires available for extensions
(tslib_fe->cacheExpires). If a tt_news plugin is inserted via TypoScript,
it would be extrem difficult to solve that via an Hook. But it is simple to
change via $GLOBALS['TSFE']->cacheExpires. That value is 0 while content is
generated. If an plugin is used, it can check if the cache-expire-timestamp
should be altered, set that value and it will be checked.
(so, i am not sure, if the hook is usefull anymore....)

2) The page with the message "Page is generated" is cached too - but only
for 30 seconds. I think it would not be usefull to use the hook in such an
case.

thanks,
martin