[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8491: Template Analyzer Module inconsistencies

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Sep 2 22:17:30 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> * Is there a version of the patch that produces the screenshot shown
>> in analyzer_no_gaps.png?  It seems like that's the best scenario to me
>> but the current patch still has the gaps.
>
> is it the attached screenshot? It looks exactly as it is with the patch.
> Which gaps do you mean?

Sorry, should have been more clear. In the earlier discussions with
Dmitry and Masi, there was a screenshot named analyzer_no_gaps.png.
This made it so that the dotted lines were not broken.  When using the
latest patch, I'm still seeing the broken lines.

>> * It would be nice to tweak the wording on checkboxes below the
>> Template Analyzer. Maybe something like the attached screenshot would
>> be a little less cryptic.  We can of course do this in a separate
>> patch too.
>>

> again i don't see in screenshot something different. Can you explain
> what you mean?

Linenumbers becomes Line numbers
Syntax HL becomes Syntax highlighting
Added a header for Display Options (not sure how helpful that really is)

Just minor tweaks to make it a little more clear :)

#2 especially sounds great. Its confusing for the user because they see
checkboxes but have to go through multiple clicks to actually see the
effect of a checkbox.  The disconnect makes you think the checkboxes
apply to the template listing above.

Thanks,
Jeff