[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8491: Template Analyzer Module inconsistencies

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Sep 2 22:02:47 CEST 2008

Hi Jeff,

first thx for testing and bringing it up.

Jeff Segars schrieb:
> Hey Steffen,
> Thanks for the work on this! Its a definite improvement to bring it more
> in line with the other template modules.  I've got a couple quick
> questions from my testing on the patch.
>
> * Is there a version of the patch that produces the screenshot shown in
> analyzer_no_gaps.png?  It seems like that's the best scenario to me but
> the current patch still has the gaps.

is it the attached screenshot? It looks exactly as it is with the patch.
Which gaps do you mean?

> * The PID/Rootline column doesn't seem quite right. In the header, we
> use a slash to separate the PID and rootline while the actual contents
> put the rootline information in parenthesis. We could either make the
> header and contents consistent or split the PID and Rootline into their
> own columns.  Personally, I don't see a reason not to use two columsn.

good point. I will change Rootline to an extra column.

> * It would be nice to tweak the wording on checkboxes below the Template
> Analyzer. Maybe something like the attached screenshot would be a little
> less cryptic.  We can of course do this in a separate patch too.

again i don't see in screenshot something different. Can you explain
what you mean?

Beside that i would like to do something more.
1) I would like to mark the actual template in the list (may be only by
bold the name)
2) I would like to see actual template again after changing checkbox
features. It's very annoying that you loose the template when eg
enabling Linenumbers.

vg Steffen