[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8491: Template Analyzer Module inconsistencies

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Sep 2 19:47:42 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8491
>
> Branches: trunk
>
>  Description
>
>     * Old template icons
>     * X in columns look like remove
>     * missing aligns
>
> Solutions:
>
>     * Use zebra columns
>     * Write names fully in header bar like "C. Setup" -> "Clear Setup",
> "PID/RL" -> "PID/RootLevel" , "NL" -> "Next Level"
>     * If/Else the module content to not show anything when there isn't
> anything.
>     * Remove inconsistent Rulers from the bottom
>     * Rearrange to [] Linenumbers, [] syntax HL, [] Block mode in a list
>     * White background for Typoscript code

Hey Steffen,
Thanks for the work on this! Its a definite improvement to bring it more
in line with the other template modules.  I've got a couple quick
questions from my testing on the patch.

* Is there a version of the patch that produces the screenshot shown in
analyzer_no_gaps.png?  It seems like that's the best scenario to me but
the current patch still has the gaps.

* The PID/Rootline column doesn't seem quite right. In the header, we
use a slash to separate the PID and rootline while the actual contents
put the rootline information in parenthesis. We could either make the
header and contents consistent or split the PID and Rootline into their
own columns.  Personally, I don't see a reason not to use two columsn.

* It would be nice to tweak the wording on checkboxes below the Template
Analyzer. Maybe something like the attached screenshot would be a little
less cryptic.  We can of course do this in a separate patch too.

Thanks,
Jeff