[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8491: Template Analyzer Module inconsistencies

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Sep 2 23:03:59 CEST 2008

Hi,

Jeff Segars schrieb:

> Sorry, should have been more clear. In the earlier discussions with
> Dmitry and Masi, there was a screenshot named analyzer_no_gaps.png. This
> made it so that the dotted lines were not broken.  When using the latest
> patch, I'm still seeing the broken lines.

i didn't changed that now as i personally like the view with the gaps
more. There is more spacing and a clear separation, also consistent to
the other template views.
But ok, it's kind of personal taste and if more wants no gaps i will change.

> Linenumbers becomes Line numbers
> Syntax HL becomes Syntax highlighting
> Added a header for Display Options (not sure how helpful that really is)
>
> Just minor tweaks to make it a little more clear :)

i added this as you suggested, makes sense and i like it ;-)

>> Beside that i would like to do something more.
>> 1) I would like to mark the actual template in the list (may be only
>> by bold the name)
>> 2) I would like to see actual template again after changing checkbox
>> features. It's very annoying that you loose the template when eg
>> enabling Linenumbers.
>
> #2 especially sounds great. Its confusing for the user because they see
> checkboxes but have to go through multiple clicks to actually see the
> effect of a checkbox.  The disconnect makes you think the checkboxes
> apply to the template listing above.

both done with new patch attached, i also attached an updated screenshot.

vg Steffen